Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Tomorrow

Tomorrow, you said, sealing the promise. Tomorrow.

The clock on the mantle has stopped ticking. The thick silence presses all around me, suffocating my heart and seeping into my lungs. Outside the wind has ceased and all is still; the earth is expecting you too.

My fingers linger on the window pane. They told me to stop searching but I couldn't listen. I keep waiting, passing through an endless string of midnights; but tomorrow has never come.


Image from positivelypresent on Tumblr.

4 comments:

  1. This made me sigh inside. This captures beautifully the painful but faithful hoping for that tomorrow that never will come. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tomorrow never comes - it is always today. Amazing writing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wrote the following in my diary:

    "The tomorrows which elude us are sometimes worth the chase."

    (it occurred to me out of the blue)

    Your new layout is lovely! ♡

    ReplyDelete