Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Moonbeams

There's a hole in my pocket, scattering loose pebbles and feathers and fallen stars; even the key to the door slipped through a crack in the floorboards. I peer through the keyhole and watch the sun falling in slanted pools across my fallen treasures. Out here I dance with evening's shadows.

I've been studying faded maps and tracing voyages across the parchment. One day I'll see the world. Countless more nights to go. By then, the moonbeams would have buried me.


Image from iHeart on Tumblr.

3 comments:

  1. These words shimmers with a light as alluring and as beautiful as moonbeams!
    And I've heard sunbeams can melt the moonbeams that may bury us. I am sure you will travel on the paths you dream of. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very becoming. Such quality of writing.
    I love your blog and all the flowers on it, too, dear. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glittering with beauty and magic. I wish to join you on this adventure; long voyages and faded maps sound perfect. x

    ReplyDelete